Carmer and Grit-Book One:The Wingsnatchers Review



The first book by author Sarah Jean Horowitz promises great things to come.  Carmer and Grit - Book One: The Wingsnatchers quickly grabbed my attention and sucked me into the world of magic and faeries.

Carmer is an unlikely hero, but that makes him all the more likable as a character. Grit (aka Princess Grittefrieda which she hates) seems everything but royal.  She rebels against her mother's order, puts her friends at risk, and seems to genuinely be both a mix of grit and determination in spite of her handicap.  More than that, she has no clue of her power....which makes her likable even when the reader wants to hate her.

The author expertly mixes technology and faerie magic in this tale of good guy (and faerie) vs. the greedy, destructive forces of evil. I found myself rooting for Carmer and Grit...holding my breath as they faced challenges, and hoping to see them overcome the obstacles set before them.  I am pleased this is book one, as it means there are others to come!


                                                               Mrs. Michna's Rating:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME